RONALD J. FREEMAN, Sr. (Managing Member) graduated with high honors from Morehouse College with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science in 1982. He attended Georgia State University College of Law where he received his Juris Doctor as a Regents Opportunity Scholar. Attorney Freeman’s primary focus is in the area of contracts, dispute resolution and business and construction related litigation matters involving the public and private sectors. He serves as general counsel to a number of businesses which frequently encounter employment, facility management and construction related issues.
Attorney Freeman’s appointments include Chief Judge, Cities of Riverdale, Union City and Forest Park. He is a member of the Council of Municipal Court Judges; American Bar Association (Construction Law Section); Association of Trial Lawyers of America; State Bar of Georgia, Atlanta Bar Association (Construction Law Section and Managing Partners Committee); National Bar Association; Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Gate City Bar Association (Past President) Faculty Member, Institute of Continuing Judicial Education. Attorney Freeman practices in the Corporate & Business Litigation and Governmental Law Groups.
Highlighted Legal Experience:
· Served as Counsel for an Fortune 500 IFM Company in a Multi-Million Dollar acquisition of Multi state Management Contracts in the Hospitality and Gaming Industry
· Represented Fulton County Government in Excess Fund Tax matters
· Represent the State of Georgia in Condemnation matters
· Represent various public and private Airports Authorities across the United States in construction related disputes, claims and procurement issues.
· Serves as General Counsel and provides on-going legal service to the Minister of Interior Travel for Nigeria in business related projects in the United States and abroad.
· Represented a Fortune 500 company in a dispute involving a multimillion-dollar integrated facilities management agreement regarding educational and health institutions.
· Represented the City of Atlanta on issues related to the design, procurement and construction of a $1.2 billion international terminal constructed by a Construction Manager at Risk at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
· Represented the City of Atlanta by providing its Law Department with on-going legal counsel for its planned $6 billion, 10-12-year facility expansion of the world’s busiest airport, Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport, including the construction of the control tower, the fifth runway, a consolidated car rental facility and a new international terminal.
· Represented Fulton County Government by providing its Law department with on going legal counsel regarding appeals of ad valorem assessments for personal and real properties located in the County.
· Represented a contractor in a $10 million dispute regarding the construction of a multi family residential and business project in downtown Atlanta.
· Represent the State of Georgia by providing expertise and representation in the enforcement of the Outdoor Advertising Control Act regarding billboards that are located along Interstates, Highways and State roads throughout the state.
· Represent the State in Outdoor Advertising regarding the regulation of comprehensive zoning designations by counties throughout Georgia.
· Represent the State of Georgia, Fulton and Henry counties in litigation involving the doctrines of Qualified and Sovereign immunity.
· Represent numerous municipalities and county governments in business transactions which include, but not limited to the following: the drafting of ordinances, legislation and regulations and issues involving the Georgia Open Record Act. Review of current laws to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. Implementation of litigation preventive measures and coordination with outside counsel with the government insurer. Provide expertise on personnel, employment and labor matters; and provide expertise on environmental, zoning and regulatory issues
· Routinely appointed to serve as a Special Master by the Superior Court in complex construction, governmental, church and business-related disputes.